Solar roof tiles are a rapidly emerging BIPV technology designed to appear as typical asphalt shingles on residential roofs. They serve the dual purpose of protecting the roof structure while using solar energy to generate electricity. Solar roof tiles are easy to install and, like ordinary shingles, are built to withstand the weather elements.
Solar tile varieties include solar roof shingles, solar laminates, modules with integrated PV cells, and transparent laminates. These technologies are generally produced using crystalline or with thin-film solar cells. For more information on our products for solar roof tile suppliers, contractors, installers and EPCs, please consult the table below or contact a member of our solar team.
- Superior performance compared to similar BIPV offerings.
- More electricity generation per square foot compared to conventional solar modules.
- Serves dual purpose of roof protection and power generation.
- Excellent aesthetics thanks to a sleek, hidden fastening system.
- Can be integrated with a multitude of exterior wall structures and designs.
- Standardized modular design facilitates and streamlines installation process.
Working closely with our supply partners and organizations including U.S-based SEIA, Targray helps solar manufacturers and project developers worldwide enhance the sustainability of their supply chains. Contact us today to learn more.